Events and Education Coordinator
Tillers International is a 501(c)(3) based in Scotts, MI that partners with small-scale farmers in developing countries to improve food security concerns, and agricultural working conditions for women, children, and draft animals. Many of the practical skills used in our international work are also taught at our school and test farm in Scotts, MI.
The Events and Education Coordinator will work closely with the Marketing and Creative Specialist to plan and manage the implementation events. “Events” includes instructional classes, workshops, fundraisers, thank-you dinners, and any/all organized events and activities. Working with the instructors on the classes offered by Tillers International is a key function of this role.
If you’re not already familiar with our class offerings, please visit www.TillersInternational.org/classes for insights into this aspect of the role.
This is a part-time position.
• Coordinate meetings with staff and partner organizations that serve on event organizing committees.
• Research, identify, and recruit potential presenters and instructors for the event. Coordinate with presenters and instructors to confirm presentation topics and timing, as well as logistics.
• Support Marketing Specialist in recruiting and securing sponsorships for event. Manage all sponsor logos and ensure correct placement in promotional materials. Organize logistics for event tabling.
• Determine and arrange event logistics, such as A/V equipment, registration setup, transportation/parking, signage, and security. Coordinate event venue requirements including permitting, licenses, and insurance.
• Prepare content for event marketing and promotional materials and work with Tillers International’s Marketing Specialist to produce website, emails, social media and printed collateral.
• Create event registration portal and manage production of name badges and registration lists.
• Procure cost estimates from vendors and review expenses carefully to remain within budget.
• Develop schedule for the events
• Ensure event success and be prepared to troubleshoot problems on day of the event, while managing logistical aspects and overseeing event staff and volunteers.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of three years of event planning and project management work experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multitask on daily administrative tasks.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff and high-level volunteers.
• Ability to effectively and professionally represent Tillers International in the community.
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the words Events and Education Coordinator in the subject line
Tillers International strives to ensure that our organization is welcoming and inclusive. We do not discriminate as to gender, race, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, social background, disability, pregnancy, marital status, political affiliation, or age. We also comply with all applicable national and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and equal opportunity.