Event & Education Manager
The Event & Education Manager will work closely with the Marketing and Creative Specialist to plan and manage the implementation events and classes at the Tillers School. This is a part-time position, approximately 24 hours per week
• Coordinate meetings with staff and partner organizations that serve on event/class organizing committees.
• Research, identify, and recruit potential presenters and instructors for events/classes. Coordinate with presenters and instructors to confirm presentation topics and timing, as well as logistics.
• Support Marketing specialist in recruiting and securing sponsorships for event. Manage all sponsor logos and ensure correct placement in promotional materials. Organize logistics for event tabling.
• Determine and arrange event logistics, such as A/V equipment, registration setup, transportation/parking, signage, and security. Coordinate event venue requirements including permitting, licenses, and insurance.
• Prepare content for event marketing and promotional materials and work with Tillers International’s Marketing Specialist to produce website, emails, social media and printed collateral.
• Create event registration portal and manage production of name badges and registration lists.
• Procure cost estimates from vendors and review expenses carefully to remain within budget.
• Develop schedule for the events
• Ensure event success and be prepared to troubleshoot problems on day of the event, while managing logistical aspects and overseeing event staff and volunteers.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of three years of event planning and project management work experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multitask on daily administrative tasks.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff and high-level volunteers.
• Ability to effectively and professionally represent Tillers International in the community.
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Tillers International strives to ensure that our organization is welcoming and inclusive. We do not discriminate as to gender, race, culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, social background, disability, pregnancy, marital status, political affiliation, or age. We also comply with all applicable national and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination and equal opportunity.
If you're interested, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]